425.503.1116 allezapts@gmail.com
Allez Living

Friday, June 28, 2013

I Was Addicted To My Smartphone, Are You?

7:30 AM

Share it Please

Image courtesy of commons.wikimedia.org

We admit it: often when we wake up, the first thing we do is check our e-mail. Or our texts. Or Facebook. Or Twitter.

It’s hard to stop even as we eat our breakfast and come into work. Sure, it’s easy to say that work is why we’re checking them, but we know deep down it’s not true.

Digital notifications and communications absolutely rule our lives - so at what point does the need to stay connected become an unhealthy addiction? This article shares some signs that your digital life is a digital addiction, including:

● My phone started loading slower from having too many apps running and continual notifications popping up.

● When asked to print a photo for my son’s preschool class, I couldn’t find a single picture of him I hadn’t taken on my phone (and could easily print). You can read the full story of what happened here.

● When I almost left home without my wallet (and driver’s license!) because I knew I could rely on my phone for all my payments and transactions.

● When quality time with my husband started to mean sitting side by side on our devices.

● When I attended a wedding where everyone spent so much sharing the festivities online that it was hard to hold a face-to-face conversation.


If any of those things sound like you at all, head over to the article to read more and find out what you can do to curve your addiction - and please share it if you know anyone who fits the description in it as well!

Original article: I Was Addicted To My Smartphone, Are You?

0 comments :

Post a Comment